14-01-13, 03:10 PM
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pennsylvania, United States
Recovering: Sickness, Cold, or Flu
During the winter season, we typically tend to get an illness.
You can identify yourself being ill if..:
How do we get an illness such as a cold or flu?
- You have a high fever greater than 100.4Sore Throat
- Runny Nose
- Chest Pains
- Stomach Pain
- Muscle Pains/Body Aches
Simple. We do not keep our body protected. For example, we may not get enough vitamins we need in our body to fight a common illness. You can also get an illness if you have lack of sleep (yes, your body needs sleep in order for it to function!). You can get an illness airborne (bacteria from the air from people spreading bacteria and germs to you).
What do we do if are ill?
What should a person who is ill do to help treat themselves?
- Try to avoid going to school or work. You don't want to get other people ill as well.
- Call the doctor/physicians immediately.
- If you are a diabetic, be sure to check your glucose/sugar levels more often because your glucose/sugar levels will be higher than normal.
- If symptoms get worse, visit a physician/doctor. If the doctor/physician office is not open or full and it is worsening, please visit the nearest hospital or emergency room for treatment and care.
- Make sure you contact your doctor/physician for any medication that may be helpful over-the-counter. State your symptoms and be clear about them.
- Be well rested in bed.
- Drink fluids (clear liquids is the best way to go)
- Eat light foods
- Clear your throat and blow your nose.
- Avoid coughing/sneezing on objects!
- Vitamins (Yes, they will truly help! Vitamin C will help)
This is only a short guide. If you want to add things to it, please do so by posting.
This thread is only a recommendation, doctors/physicians will have all the information. Do not rely on this thread solely, contact your doctor/physician.
Have a question? Send me a message
Want to talk? Send an IM or VM.