22-05-09, 02:04 PM
Account Closed Upon Request
Join Date: Sep 2008
Relief from study stress for teenagers
Revising for your exams
Revision can be a very stressful time for any teenager studying long and hard after a hard day at school can become a nightmare for some.
There is of course ways to make revision give great results without so much stress on your minds.
Revision Stress Busters
- Always take your time and plan ahead. Make sure you set aside time to revise where you wont be bothered by family or friends.
- Drink plenty of water and it is supposed to help having a plant in the room as it can help with concentration.
- If you are becoming stressed with your revision, go for a brief walk outside and get some fresh air. It can make you feel heaps better especially if you have been stuck indoors revising.
- Don’t panic so much, many teenagers will rush with their revision as they think it will help them get good results by revising hard and fast, in fact it can be detrimental for your exam results, take your time and study at a pace you’re comfortable with.
- Eat and drink healthily, make sure you’re having plenty of fruit, meat and fish. Drink plenty of water too rather than fizzy drinks. Breakfast is also recommended in order to kick start both your day and mind.
- Take a bath when you can and relax in it. Don’t just jump in and out, allow yourself relax with bubble bath.
- Always remember to balance both your life and time for yourself with your revision/study time. It is crucial you allow time for yourself to relax and regenerate your thinking energy.
- Get plenty of sleep, don’t be the one who falls asleep at the exam desk!
- Don’t cut off your friends fully, you can still make some time to see them and have fun.
- If you believe the revision and studying is becoming very stressful and taking a toll on you, seek support. At school your teacher may be able to arrange some support for you.
Always remember that you are able to have fun and relax during these somewhat tiresome times. If you follow the above you should find yourself less stressed when it comes to studying and a lot happier with your results.
I hope this has helped you, please rep me if it has.
Thank you for reading my article on revision/studying and stress relief from it.