If you are having suicidal thoughts it isn’t normally because you want to die it can be because you feel you can’t cope with the pain inside which life brings you. If you are feeling suicidal every day you should reach out for help as you are not alone. Reaching out for help will help you feel better in the end
Feeling that you want to kill or harm yourself doesn’t make you a bad person, some people who have had these feelings will think they’re not a nice person but you are, you’re just struggling with a really tough time in your life. If you seek some help then you will feel better
If you’re feeling suicidal you should remember that these are only thoughts and they don’t need to be acted upon. You don’t have to do something like ending your life because of how you feel. The pain may be hard on you and unbearable but you don’t need to take action, wait and think.
You need to relieve the pain inside to feel better and a good way to do this is to seek advice and help from someone close to you or a professional like a doctor. There is many people who will want to support you the best they can like your family, friends, your teachers, doctors, therapists and councillors. They won’t pressure you or judge you and will listen to what you have to say. You can pour your heart out to them and they won’t judge you. If you’re feeling suicidal you need to reach out and have someone listen to you.
If you don’t have someone you trust and can turn to in this time of need you can ring any of the numbers below.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
National Hopeline Network 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
These are free lines you can call, the people there want to listen and help you
Best ways to cope with suicidal thoughts
- If you’re thinking of having an overdose give your pills to someone who can give you them when you need them.
- Don’t drink or take drugs they can make your feelings worse.
- Try to enjoy yourself even if you feel bad, go for a walk and try to get out as much as you can.
- If you have dangerous stuff in your room or house remove them.
- Don’t hang around with people who are depressed themselves this could be negative for you. Be with positive and happy people like me
- Talk with people around you, don’t go unheard.
Posted on behalf of Paramore Addict