User Image
Posts: 564, Threads: 39
Last Activity: 23-04-14 07:37 PM

Teen Forums - Teen Chat, Teen Help, Teen Advice & Support


If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.



Debates and World News Discussion Debate serious topics or discuss religion, politics, and world news subjects here.

Like Tree4Likes

Reply
Old 09-12-11, 08:48 PM   #21
 
ChristMyRedeemer's Avatar
 
Name: Dustin
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cape Girardeau, Missouri.
Posts: 1,026
ChristMyRedeemer is a jewel in the roughChristMyRedeemer is a jewel in the roughChristMyRedeemer is a jewel in the roughChristMyRedeemer is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Rick Perry Campaign ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazzle View Post
i'm not going to argue with you. we disagree. i have more important things to do.

just my opinion. i will be voting against him.
I am sorry that a civil discussion of the matter could not be had. I respect your decision to bow out though.








ChristMyRedeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-12-11, 10:43 PM   #22
 
Lictor's Avatar
My Mood:  Disappointed
 
Gender: Male
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 126
Lictor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rick Perry Campaign ad

EXTREMELY INFLAMMATORY COMMENT-The really extremist republicans (not all, but a fair chunk of 'em) always want to violate the constitution the most yet are always sure to say that unlike Obama or whatever current liberal scapegoat is around, they'll uphold the constitution at all costs-EXTREMELY INFLAMMATORY COMMENT
Lictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-11, 09:26 AM   #23
Java Programmer
 
New Evolution's Avatar
My Mood:  Wtf
 
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The United States of America
Posts: 2,947
New Evolution is a glorious beacon of lightNew Evolution is a glorious beacon of lightNew Evolution is a glorious beacon of lightNew Evolution is a glorious beacon of lightNew Evolution is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Rick Perry Campaign ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristMyRedeemer View Post
Actually a lot of people are afraid, sadly. This is because as soon as the last syllable of "I am a Christian" comes out, someone is screaming in your face about how terrible, and stupid you are.



Kind of like you did, here: "Homophobic = Ignorant. An ignorant president is a stupid one."

Although, they shouldn't be ashamed regardless of who anyone says.

'Unashamed' Piper Sermon Jam - YouTube
Really? No. People only scream in your face if you say you're Christian and you're ignorant because of it. Most of our presidents have been Christian. The majority of people in America are Christians. So it is the most accepted religion. Saying "I'm not afraid to admit that I'm a Christian" says that he thinks that Christians are treated unfairly. Bullshit. Atheists and Muslums, that's who should say "I'm not afraid to admit that I''m a Atheist / Muslum".


Quote:
Sometimes we do.



Where did he say you have to be Christian?
He's assuming his audience is Christian. He's saying there's something wrong when gay's can serve openly in the military but our children can't express their beliefs in school. This is attaching religion all over the place.



Quote:
Where is the neccesitation that homophobia is equitable to ignorance?
If you're trying to tell me that when this guys says "there's something wrong when gays can serve openly in the military" and he's not ignorant, where do you get your logic from? People are born homosexual. Preventing them from serving openly in the military is incriminating their rights. So, by your logic, prevent blacks from serving in the military. Go on, see that get passed.

Quote:
Also, ignorance is not equatable to stupidity.
In this instance, yes. The actions he suggests to do are ignorant, and result in obviousness outcomes that prove how stupid this man is.


Quote:
Celebrating Christmas, and praying is not a religious argument. It is a religious expression. This goes back to that whole first amendment thing that you claimed we have the freedom of religion, and yet here you seek to stifle expression that doesn't violate any rights? Be consistent please.
It provokes religious arguments in schools, or at the very least makes the kids who don't stand up for what their religions says uncomfortable. Imagine this: You're sitter there, everyone around you is praying to a god that you don't believe in. A kid would feel very uncomfortable. Now don't get me wrong, I believe kids should be educated about Christianity and Christmas, but also educate them about the other religions, and stop there. Do not celebrate anything, because not everyone believes in the same religion. Separation of church and state is there for a reason.


Quote:
How so?
So many people disagree with this guy that they'll riot in Washington like no other riot in the history of riots. Just look at his likes / dislikes, people hate this guy.



Quote:
His and our countries. Ever read the declaration of Independence? Do you understand the philosophical principles behind the Constitution? Where'd that whole life, liberty, and pursuit of property (happiness) thing come from? It's not as simple as you think.
I have read the declaration of Independence. God was never mentioned in it. Sure, Christianity influenced it, but it wasn't mentioned for a specific reason: our founding fathers wanted to separate religion from country. Our country is not a Christian nation because we don't have an official religion, so therefore it is his religious views and heritage, not our country's.






Quote:
That's the only thing? Really?
Mostly, yes. Maybe faith in eachother and our allies, but the point is that faith in god never gave us anything.


Quote:
Never? It never contributed in any fashion to any degree? Really?
I'd love to see a time where it did.



Quote:
If you care about the Constitution, I think it's quite fair to say Perry would be the lesser of two evils.
As stated before, the constitution / declaration of independence never mentioned a god. Don't get me wrong, though. I believe that the constitution is an outdated document and we need to make a new one.








Atom < Molecules < Organelle < Cell < Tissue < Organs < Organism < Ecosystem < Planet < Solar System < Galaxy < Universe

Everything is part of something bigger. Even you.
New Evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-11, 09:42 AM   #24
[06.26.2010]<3
 
Caer's Avatar
 
Name: Shonna
Gender: Female
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Point Clark, Ontario
Posts: 3,990
Caer has a reputation beyond reputeCaer has a reputation beyond reputeCaer has a reputation beyond reputeCaer has a reputation beyond reputeCaer has a reputation beyond reputeCaer has a reputation beyond reputeCaer has a reputation beyond reputeCaer has a reputation beyond reputeCaer has a reputation beyond reputeCaer has a reputation beyond reputeCaer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rick Perry Campaign ad

Excuse me while I finish laughing. xD








12.07.2007<3 The day he stole my heart.

06.26.2010<3 The day I stole his last name.

08.22.2013<3 The day we welcomed our daughter into the world.
Caer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-11, 10:46 AM   #25
Jam
 
Jam's Avatar
 
Name: James
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: England
Posts: 531
Jam is a splendid one to beholdJam is a splendid one to beholdJam is a splendid one to beholdJam is a splendid one to beholdJam is a splendid one to beholdJam is a splendid one to beholdJam is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Rick Perry Campaign ad

Disclaimer: I personally don't see any valid reason why homosexuals shouldn't be allowed in the military.


Quote:
Originally Posted by New Evolution View Post
Quote:
Also, ignorance is not equatable to stupidity.
If you're trying to tell me that when this guys says "there's something wrong when gays can serve openly in the military" and he's not ignorant, where do you get your logic from? People are born homosexual. Preventing them from serving openly in the military is incriminating their rights. So, by your logic, prevent blacks from serving in the military. Go on, see that get passed.
From where do you get your logic? The assertion that gays serving openly in the military is wrong is not does not necessarily demonstrate ignorance, and you know it. There are several non-religious reasons (that may or may not be valid) given for homosexuals not serving in the military or on the front line. Rape, "distraction" and a lack of unity are some popular examples of these reasons, and I believe the reasons that people often give against homosexuals in the military are very similar to those given against women on the front line.

To which "right" are you appealing to here? It might be worth considering also the fact that rights (that are in almost all cases technically priveleges) are not some kind of trump card for these things. Say, for example, that I had no arms, legs, eyes or hearing (and I was born this way) and I wanted to serve in the military. Would it not still be a breach of my rights for the military to reject me? And yet is that rejection not considered acceptable? I'm not saying that homosexuals are as ineffective in the military as someone as disabled as I just described would be; I simply use this to show a flaw in your logic: if it is sometimes acceptable to breach someone's rights, then your inference that actions that would breach individuals' rights are always unacceptable must be false.

Would you also like to substantiate your claim that "people are born homosexual"? As far as I am aware, the evidence is, in the main, to the contrary.




_______________________________



"If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman and make the drop with a smile on your lips."
Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-11, 10:50 AM   #26
An Undercover Panda
 
Neverland's Avatar
My Mood:  Bookworm
 
Name: Lauren
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 8,027
Neverland has a reputation beyond reputeNeverland has a reputation beyond reputeNeverland has a reputation beyond reputeNeverland has a reputation beyond reputeNeverland has a reputation beyond reputeNeverland has a reputation beyond reputeNeverland has a reputation beyond reputeNeverland has a reputation beyond reputeNeverland has a reputation beyond reputeNeverland has a reputation beyond reputeNeverland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rick Perry Campaign ad

It's only an advert...

He's allowed to say these things if he wants to and it's up to everyone else to decide whether or not to agree with him.

I honestly don't care because it won't make any difference to me.










Kirk <3
Neverland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-11, 03:19 PM   #27
Je m'appelle Tommy.
 
Tommy's Avatar
 
Name: Tommy
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London, UK
Posts: 8,357
Tommy has disabled reputation
Default Re: Rick Perry Campaign ad

This is better:

Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-11, 09:59 PM   #28
 
FromDownAbove's Avatar
My Mood:  Pensive
 
Gender: Male
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 413
FromDownAbove will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Rick Perry Campaign ad

"We establish no religion in this country, we command no worship, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate. All are free to believe or not believe, all are free to practice a faith or not, and those who believe are free and should be free, to speak of and act on their belief. At the same time as our constitution prohibits state religion, establishment of it protects the free exercise of all religions. And walking this fine line requires government to be strictly neutral." - Reagan.

"Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his god, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their "legislature" should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between church and State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties." - Jefferson


"There’s something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military."

There's also something wrong in your head.
They serve to protect our country, the one he is signing up for to run. He's pretty much saying if he was in a
hypothetical life or death situation, and the only way he would survive said situation is if a homosexual saved him, he would rather die.

"Faith made America strong."
Read Jefferson Quote.
I understand that Washington was religious, and gave his troops high hope with the help of religious support, but saying this, this is just a tad bit too far. Unless he means the freedom of faith between citizens (which I immensely doubt), than I disagree with this statement.


"Our kids can’t openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school."
I do find it funny that he blames Obama for practicing religion in school, when he should be blaming the Supreme Court, which pronounced such exercises unconstitutional quite a while ago.




_______________________________




Last edited by FromDownAbove; 10-12-11 at 10:02 PM..
FromDownAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-11, 04:31 AM   #29
Jam
 
Jam's Avatar
 
Name: James
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: England
Posts: 531
Jam is a splendid one to beholdJam is a splendid one to beholdJam is a splendid one to beholdJam is a splendid one to beholdJam is a splendid one to beholdJam is a splendid one to beholdJam is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Rick Perry Campaign ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDownAbove View Post
"There’s something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military."
There's also something wrong in your head.
They serve to protect our country, the one he is signing up for to run. He's pretty much saying if he was in a
hypothetical life or death situation, and the only way he would survive said situation is if a homosexual saved him, he would rather die.
Or he's saying that he thinks that having homosexuals in a fighting force would render that fighting force less able to save his life? We don't know his reasoning from this short video.




_______________________________



"If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman and make the drop with a smile on your lips."
Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-11, 01:17 PM   #30
 
FromDownAbove's Avatar
My Mood:  Pensive
 
Gender: Male
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 413
FromDownAbove will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Rick Perry Campaign ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam View Post
Or he's saying that he thinks that having homosexuals in a fighting force would render that fighting force less able to save his life? We don't know his reasoning from this short video.
Touche.




_______________________________



FromDownAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:28 AM. Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.








     Friends: Friends Circle
TeenForumz will never have pop-up or annoying ads. Thanks for NOT supporting us!