I learn English only at school and today our teacher told us to write a story about animals. I did it but I'm not sure if it is correctly written. Can you please read it and correct the mistakes? I would be greatful.
It was a sunny Friday.
Two little squirrels were sitting on the branch of the huge oak, which was standing right in the middle of a large park, and eating acorns. From time to time they looked at the children, who were playing hide and seek and laughing at them.
One of the squirrels, Tom, laughed, saying:
- Look, George! That boy thinks he's invisible behind these bins.
- Ha, ha. He really does...
Tom picked another acorn, ate it fast and burped loudly.
- Hey, man! That's nasty! - yelled the second squirrel, George.
- Oh, come on, don't be so tense. We've got holidays, don't we?
George did not answer, because he noticed a little girl, sitting alone on the bench, near their tree. He jabbed his friend:
- Look at that girl in the green dress. She seems to be miserable, doesn't she?
- You're right, so?
- So... maybe we could go to her and make her happy? Children like squirrels.
- Well, okay. But remember to be careful.
They jumped off the oak and slowly wended towards the girl. At the beginning she did not notice them, but when she saw the squirrels, she smiled widely:
- You're so pretty! Maybe you're hungry?
Tom jumped with joy and started eating the crisps. George, as an enthusiast of healthy food, resigned from eating it and just looked at his greedy friend with compassion. When the feast was over and it started getting dark, the girl left the park. Tom and George decided to go back to their hollow.
At night Tom could not fall asleep, he spinned all the time:
- Something's wrong! My skin itches! It's hot! My teeth hurt...
Few minutes later George started to fear, because he realized, that his friend is hardly breathing. Tom was not able to say anything. George's heart started beating faster and faster - suddenly Benny fainted!
George decided to call Lemmy, the doctor, who lived next-door. Lemmy appeared with full equipment in their hollow in less than two minutes. He gave Tom an injection and dripped a drip-bag into his arm.
- Don't be afraid, he's gonna be fine. He is allergic to crisps!
The doctror was right. Tom felt better three hours later, thanked Lemmy for his help and promised not to ate crisps anymore. Although Tom kept his promise and resigned from eating such a junk food, in twenty years he suffered from cholesterol, but it does not matter now. The thing is, that gluttony is the first step to the hell!
Thanks for help in advance.